ArcGIS 10.1, trying to add new features to a Shapefile: make it editable; set up an editing template; but the relevant layer refuses to appear in the ‘Create Features’ window. Why?! Well, it seems to be a side-effect of the way that ‘Create Features’ works, explained in an ESRI blog. While editing templates are useful, isn’t this a rather disproportionate level of complication for an everyday operation?
- Measure polygon areas in free version of Google Earth
- Google Earth measures distances as great circles
- ArcGIS: altering display properties of ArcGIS Online services
- ArcGIS: copying labelling between layers
- ArcGIS: create features while a definition query applies?
- “Web mercator” coordinate system: explained!
- Using QGIS for wildlife training in Tanzania
- Maps, models, and mechanisms
- Google Earth installer
- Juba – boom town