It’s easy to copy symbology between layers in ArcGIS (Layer Properties > Symbology > Import > from another layer), but there’s no equivalent for labels. If you’re using “Label all features the same way”, this doesn’t matter much; it’s easy to re-create the label style. But if you’re using several label classes, then re-creating all of the query expressions as well as the label styles isn’t a great prospect. This is an official “ArcGIS idea“, but in the meantime this neat add-in tool, “Import labels from another layer“, does the trick perfectly.
- Measure polygon areas in free version of Google Earth
- Google Earth measures distances as great circles
- ArcGIS: altering display properties of ArcGIS Online services
- ArcGIS: copying labelling between layers
- ArcGIS: create features while a definition query applies?
- “Web mercator” coordinate system: explained!
- Using QGIS for wildlife training in Tanzania
- Maps, models, and mechanisms
- Google Earth installer
- Juba – boom town